The Michigan Health Policy Forum was established in 1986 by a bipartisan group of healthcare stakeholders from state government, health organizations, the community and academia. Michigan State University is proud to have served as the convener and administrator of the forum for its 30 year history. The purpose of the Forum is to provide policymakers with an opportunity to learn about and discuss health policy issues in an atmosphere free from partisan demands. The Forum is guided by an Advisory Board of health policy stakeholders who provide recommendations on the topics and speakers presented by the Forum.
At this point in history when the public discourse is sharply divided by partisan ideology and misinformation, it is imperative to create a setting where health policy issues can be discussed on their merit. The Michigan Health Policy Forum is intended to meet that imperative.
- Community Mental Health Association of Michigan
- Health Management Associates
- Michigan Association of Health Plans
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Michigan Health Council
- Michigan Health Endowment Fund
- Michigan Health and Hospital Association
- Michigan Osteopathic Association
- Michigan Primary Care Association
- Michigan Public Health Institute
- Michigan State Medical Society
- MSU College of Human Medicine
- MSU College of Nursing
- MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Public Policy Associates, Inc.
- Public Sector Consultants
- University of Michigan Institute for Healthcare Policy and Innovation